CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Visit | YOUTH REALITY
20 April – 03 May 2015
Georgia & Abkhazia, Tbilisi, Kutaisi, Sukhumi
When: 20 April – 3 May 2015 (14 days)
22 youth active people from Caucasus countries and the Czech
Republic Where: Different cities and NGOs in Georgia (Tbilisi, Kutaisi) and Abkhazia (Sukhumi)
Are you interested in civic activism and human rights or environmental themes? Let’s explore the reality of Caucasian NGO’s and meet active people from Czech Republic!
are searching for participants:
- active people (students, volunteers or other people working in NGOs or other spheres),
- interested in different fields (human rights, civic activism, ecology and nature protection, youth, working with disabled people etc.),
- willing to be involved in direct or follow-up activities,
- with communicative level of English or Russian,
- motivated to learn and to be involved,
- no age limit.
- To explore the reality of Czech and Caucasian NGOs working on human rights issues,
environmental protection, social issues and youth.
- To learn about work of NGOs and civic initiatives in the South Caucasus.
- To exchange experience with activism and inspire each other.
- To establish new contacts and also develop new cooperation.
Project description: The study visit Youth Reality aims on direct involvement of young active people. Participants will visit a plenty of local NGOs working in different fields – human rights, environment, social themes, youth and kids. Participants will learn about the everyday “reality”, situations and conditions to which these NGOs face. Local organizations will present their projects, campaigns and good practice that could be inspiring for participants. One of the aims is to offer the space for new partnerships and future projects. During the study visit, the participants will have an opportunity to prepare common projects or campaigns, which can be implemented or during the event or afterwards. The program includes presentations, discussions, open spaces, NGO market and workshops.
Financial conditions: The accommodation, vegetarian food, local transport and visa costs to Abkhazia will be provided by hosting organization (NESEHNUTÍ). Travel cost will be reimbursed at least from 70% (the travel cost will be reimbursed direct after the study visit).
You may download the application form here: APPLICATION
Deadline for applications: 20 February 2015.
Please send the filled application to Zara Sahakyan at email@example.com with the subject "Study Visit".
Please note that any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.