Finding the perfect pillow can be so tricky because the market is currently flooded with all kinds of them . Therefore, we – the experts in the field of pillows are here to help you find the best pillow for your family. To choose the right pillow, you should follow the three steps below.
How Old Is The Users?
You know, different ages will suit different types of pillows. So, before choosing a pillow, you need to base on the age of the user.
- Kids: Soft, colorful pillows are the best selection for. Moreover pillow material for children must ensure safety because the skin of the baby’s skin is very sensitive.
- Teenagers: Teenagers would want something that can express a part of their personality; they will be very interested in unique, colorful pillows.
- Middle-aged: The Middleaged is period begins to show signs of bones and joints. So, It would better if you chose the colorful and soft pillow for them.
- Seniors: Seniors have a hard time falling asleep, and mattresses and pillows are two things that significantly affect their sleep. So, you should choose soft color with tender color for them
What Is Your Sleeping Position?
Another vital factor that should be taken into account when choosing pillows is position when sleeping. This is important because the level of support you need depends on where you get the best sleep. Here are three sleeping positions and how to choose an appropriate pillow:
- Side Sleepers: If you are a side sleeper, you need a pad with a configuration that is high enough to fill the space between the head and the mattress, resulting in difficulty sleeping.
- Back Sleepers: Lying on your back is a typical posture when sleeping. When lying on your back, you should choose a pillow of average height because if you select a high pillow, you will have neck tension and trouble sleeping.
- Stomach Sleepers: If you are a sleep on your stomachs, you should choose a soft, safe material that will not affect your face. Also, it would help if you did not choose pillows that are too high because it will cause neck pain when sleeping.
3. What Do You Want To Fill The Pillow With?
What we mean here is what pillow material you want to use. Because each different type will bring different feelings
- Down: This is the most expensive of all pillows. The most outstanding feature of this pillow is its softness. So, it is an excellent choice for those who like soft cushions. Besides, the pad made of this material also can insulate.
- Down / Feather: This is a combination of down and old feathers. The softness of the pillow depends on the ratio between down and inner feathers. For example, If the cushion has 50% feather, 50% down pillows will be on the softer than the pillow has 75%feather 25% down.
- Synthetic (Polyester): This type of pillow is reasonably priced and very easy to clean. However, their lifespan is quite short.
- Foam: Currently, on the market, there are many memory foams, which are great for people with back pain because they help reduce pressure on sleeping. However, these two types of pillows are quite expensive and difficult to clean.
4. What Type of Pillow Do You Need?
On the market today, there are many different types of pillows with several types of size.
- Standard pillows: These types have some sizes such as (20, x 26), (20 punch x 28), Queen (20 punch x 30 punch), (20 Vase x 36).
- Insert pillows: These pillows are often used to decorate. They are made from feathers or polyester to maintain their structure and have funny shapes in all different sizes.
- Body Pillows: Pillows have long dimensions. They are used to balance sleeping postures, bringing comfort to sleepers.
- Contour: These pillows are designed to hold the head and shoulders, they are often used for people with neck pain.
Above are four steps you should consider following before choosing a pillow. It would help if you first determined the object you use, then learn about their sleeping position, preferences, and finally find out the size of the pillow. We believe these steps will be beneficial and help you make the best choice.
Contact us again if you have any additional questions.